[Is this site not working for anyone else?]
Channels offered: ~20 including ESPN, ESPN2, Travel Channel, Food Network, ABC Family, CNN, Disney, TNT, TBS, HGTV, AMC, etc. HBO will be added to the roster very soon. Add on packages are available at an additional cost ($5 each).
- NO CONTRACTS OR FEES!
- No setup or equipment needed
- Complements Netflix and Hulu nicely (intended to be a complementary service so you’d need these as well)
- Available on a wide range of devices including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android, iOS, and Mac and PC computers
- Convenient, as it can be streamed anywhere
- Price to content ratio; very few channels compared to DirecTV
- Can only stream/watch on one device at the same time
- Performance; some complaints on picture quality, freezing, etc.
- Only a few channels let you pause, rewind, etc.
- Upcoming PlayStation Vue may be a much better option
Sling TV is a live TV streaming service available whenever and wherever.
There are noted limitations, but it sounds like what I may be looking for if combined with an antenna for local channels, Netflix, and Hulu Plus or Amazon Prime.
Also, it’s just starting out so more channels may be in the future plans.
Supposedly there is a 7 day free trial, but I can’t access their website to find out.
Have you heard of, tried, or currently subscribe to Sling TV? Let us know your thoughts.