Applications/Channels: Hundreds of free channels and streams including Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, Vudu, Watch ESPN, HBO Go, and Sling TV
- Great user experience – interface is quick, customizable, and easy to use
- Easy to set up
- More apps/channels than its competitors
- Search capability – new voice search introduced (Roku 3)
- Top seller of streaming media services in 2014
- Amazon Fire has been said to be more powerful
Roku brings a wealth internet content to your TV via a “puck” size media hub.
Many sites have rated Roku as the best streaming media service they’ve reviewed due to its high versatility.
Roku 2 may be the more wise purchase right now (saves $30), if you don’t have use for remote headphone jack and cool voice search with Roku 3. It is just as fast and offers most of the same features.